Friday, July 11, 2008

Zonkizizwe



This is part of Zonkizizwe. There are 6 zones to the town. when you cross over the highway from Joburg... everything looks like this. they are informal settlements. People basically just set up shop after aparthied ended. Its really sad to see. Its gets cold during the winter, last night was the first night it got to below zero... thats dangerous bc these people dont exactly dress warm or have ways of keeping warm. In the morning when i meet up with the kids i always hug them and hold them and try to keep them warm, their hands are always ice cold... its so sad. I wish I brought a ton of clothes to give them... Im going to try to find like a goodwill and maybe get a bunch of warm clothes. I just wish there was more I could do sometimes... I want to take them all home with me. This place definintely confirms me wanting to adopt someday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still at the La Palma Guest house???

-ERIC HILLARD
Get back to me

Anonymous said...

*** Are you at the same orphanage the entire time or is it a different one with each move/hotel change?